Submitted by: Anjali Saqi, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- 45-year-old female
- Solitary nodule in left lobe of thyroid
- Partially cystic
- 1.3 cm
- Procedure: Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy
Submitted by: Melina Flanagan, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Patient is a 45 year old woman with:
- Diffusely enlarged thyroid
- 2.2 cm nodule in the right thyroid lobe
Submitted by: Scott Boerner , Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 63 year old woman.
- 6 years prior to presentation:
- Diagnosed with stage 4A small lymphocytic lymphoma without peripheral blood involvement on an excisional biopsy of left neck node.
- Treated with Chlorambucil x 6 weeks.
- Complete resolution of adenopathy and in clinical remission since that time.
- On routine follow-up examination:
- Noted to have a diffusely enlarged thyroid gland with a 3 cm right inferior pole nodule.
- Referred to FNA clinic.