Victor E. Reuter
Born: London, United Kingdom
- BS: University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, 1973
- MD: University National Pedro Henriquez Urena, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1978
- Assistant Attending Pathologist (1985), Associate Attending Pathologist (1992), Attending Pathologist (1998), Department of Pathology, Memorial Hospital
- Assistant Member then Associate Member (1992), Member (1998), Memorial Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York
- Assistant Professor (1988), Associate Professor (1992) of Pathology, Cornell University Medical College, New York City, New York
- Acting Chief (2000), Surgical Pathology Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York
- Professor of Pathology (2001), Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City, New York
- Vice Chairman (2005), Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York
- Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York
Selected Career Highlights
Internationally renowned and respected anatomic pathologist with expertise in Genitourinary Pathology with major interests in prostate, renal and urinary bladder pathology.
President of the Medical Staff, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (2001-2003); President of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Alumni Society (1992-1993).
Acting Chief of the Surgical Pathology Service at Memorial Sloan-Kettering (2000) and now serves as Vice Chairman of the Department of Pathology (2005).
Highly sought-after lecturer in the field of GU Pathology, participating in over 60 regional, national and international meetings in the last 10 years.
Co-Director of the NIH/NCI sponsored SPORE in Prostate Cancer Pathology Core and NIH/NCI sponsored Cancer Center Support Grant.
Chairman, USCAP Education Committee (1998-2003); Chair, Bylaws Revision Committee of the USCAP (2003-2006).
Author of almost 300 publications, over 130 abstracts, over 20 book chapters.
Director/Chair of: Pathology Tissue Research Utilization Committee, Genitourinary Pathology Research Laboratory, Immunohistochemistry Research Core Laboratory.
Recipient of the F.K. Mostofi Distinguished Service Award from the USCAP (2007).
Member, Editorial Boards of multiple journals including:
- Advances in Anatomic Pathology
- Annals of Pathology
- Journal of Urologic Pathology
- Modern Pathology
- Prostate Cancer and Prostate Diseases
- The American Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Urologic Oncology
Devoted to his wife, Maria del Mar, (who beats him in tennis regularly!) and daughters Glorimar and Maria Victoria.
Hobbies include serious (long-distance) bicycling. He is a connoisseur of fine wines and wine tasting, and is a passionate wine collector. Continues to visit regularly his home country (Puerto Rico).