2018 Diagnostic Pathology Update
Hotel & Travel Information
July 8, 2018 to July 13, 2018
Santa Apollonia, Via San Gallo, 25, Florence, Italy
Hotel Reservation Information
The Academy is not responsible for travel expenses incurred as a result of an event cancellation.
- Check in: 2:00 pm Check out: 12:00 pm
- Breakfast is provided by the hotel with the cost of your room. Breakfast will not be served at the conference, although coffee breaks and lunch will be provided.
- There are no ironing boards in the hotel, please plan accordingly.
Parking: €36,00 per day
The closest airport is Florence Airport (Airport Code: FLR).
Delta Airlines is offering discounted airfares for attendees traveling to our meeting. For assistance with reservations and ticket purchase, contact Delta Airlines Meeting Services Desk at 1-800-328-1111 or online. When booking online, enter NMQXS as the Meeting Event Code.
United Airlines is offering discounted airfares for attendees traveling to our meeting. For assistance with reservations and ticket purchase, contact United Airlines Meetings Service Desk at (800) 426-1122 (a service fee will apply) or online. When booking online, use offer code ZE5F189766.
Cab fare to/from Florence Airport to the Grand Hotel Baglioni Firenze is approximately $30.00 one way.
Take Viale Alessandro Guidoni, Via Enrico Forlanini, Viale Francesco Redi and SS67 to Via Santa Caterina D ' Alessandria.
Continue on Via Santa Caterina D ' Alessandria. Take Via Nazionale, Largo Fratelli Alinari and Via Panzani to Piazza Unità Italiana.
If you arrive in Florence by car you can park in the garage at the hotel.
- From Rome: take the exit "Firenze Sud" and head towards the center. At the traffic light at the end of Lungarno del Tempio you must go right. Head to Piazza Beccaria and then take Viale Antonio Gramsci and Viale Giacomo Matteotti, up to Liberty Square. Take Via Lorenzo il Magnifico and at the first traffic light turn left into Via Poliziano. Continue along Via Santa Caterina until the Railway Station, passing through Independence Square.In about 2 minutes you will arrive in Piazza unification of Italy where the Grand Hotel Baglioni.
- From Milan: take the exit "Firenze Nord" and head towards the center. Once at the end of Viale Francesco Redi, turn right and then left into Via Guido Monaco. Follow it, and then turn left onto Via Fratelli Rosselli. After the railway underpass, follow the Viali di Circonvallazione, running along Fortezza da Basso. Continue along Viale Lavagnini. At the first light turn right into Via Santa Caterina until the Railway Station, passing through Piazza Indipendenza: in about 2 minutes you will arrive in Piazza unification of Italy where the Grand Hotel Baglioni.
The Grand Hotel Baglioni is located in Piazza Unità d'Italy, about 200 meters from the Santa Maria Novella railway station. The Hotel can be reached by taking the underpass inside the station which goes directly to the Piazza.
Florence airport Amerigo Vespucci is approximately 5 Km. The hotel is easily accessible by shuttle special stops at the Central Station of Santa Maria Novella (in m. 200 away), a taxi or a transfer arranged by our Concierge. The journey time is approximately 20-30 minutes.
If the arrival airport is Pisa or Bologna, you are advised to arrive by train Central Station of Santa Maria Novella or a transfer arranged by our Concierge.